Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Germans, Liechensteiners, or Swiss part 2. How does it work


Germans, Liechensteiners, or Swiss part 2. How does it work?
I have been wanting to get citizenship in Europe in Central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria area. I found the requirements for Liechtenstein at this site. http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/standardsetting/nationality/Bulletin_en_files/Liechtenstein%20E%202004.pdf but I don't understand if it means you had to of lived there before and are now coming back or if you are a foreigner and have been living there for 5 years to become a citizen because the wording confused me. or if any of you know of a better site please send me the link. I am learning German with the Rosetta stone program as well as a side note. Danke.
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It means that you can get Liechtenstein nationality AFTER having lived there for 5 years and you will have to renounce your current nationality as they do not seem to permit dual nationality. Mind you, the operative word is CAN get Liechtenstein nationality not WILL get.