Saturday, February 21, 2009

How could I persuade my dad to let me go on this one vacation


How could I persuade my dad to let me go on this one vacation?
My school is going on a trip to Europe next year. I REALLY want to go. They are going to Austria, Liechtenstein, Germany, France, and Switzerland for 17 days. Everything is included in the fee except for lunch, drinks, and souvenirs. The problem is it is $4,000, which I would have to make up by next summer. I am willing to work for all of it by getting a full-time job in the summer and working after school. I am 16. The other problem is that my mom thinks that I should go, especially since I have a serious lung disease and my not ever be able to experience this again, since I may not live as long as most people. It has been my dream to visit Europe, and my family is not the type that will take a vacation outside the country. Although my mom supports me as long as I work for it, my dad doesn't. How could I persuade him to let me go? He is just really concerned about paying for college, and doesn't see it reasonable to pay to go to Europe instead.
Other - Destinations - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I did a trip like that when i was 16 from my school and had a good time plus you get to see and learn about the different countries and cultures.Most people never travel outside there country and experience some where else.For some people it is a once in a life time chance.Your father should see that with your lung disease and your age plus you are going with your school so there will be people from the school keeping an eye on you.Plus it is something you have always wanted to do and my never do it again plus you will be working to help pay for it.As long as you doctor gives you a clean bill of heath to take the trip and you will have no issues i don't see why he will not let you go.I went to the same countries plus Belgium.Since then i have gone back to Europe but to England,Ireland,Scotland and Switzerland and i am 44 now.So it kinda is a one in a lifetime chance.I hope you are able to get your father to let you go.Best of luck.